Saturday, April 2, 2011

Birthday Cakes


Hard to believe, but K is turning 9 on Wednesday. As I have said many times, there are some very long hours, but the years fly by. In her honor, I present a year by year look at her birthday cakes. What I find interesting is that despite all the baking we do, I purchase birthday cakes. 
Only twice have we made cakes and one of those year's, it was a large cookie for her cookie party. 
The other key thing is to know that almost all of her cakes came from Miette. Katie first met Caitlin Williams (now Freeman) when she rode in her Bjorn as I shopped at the Berkeley market. We followed them from Berkeley back to the Ferry Building where many tourists enjoyed photographing K covered in frosting from her Miette cupcake of the week. As you will see below, the cakes they made for her were simply amazing.

Year 1: Strawberry layer cake is confusing

Year 2: Elmo before

Elmo after


Year 3: Elmer the Patchwork Elephant. Wish I had a better picture of this one. Based on Elmer

Year 4 Princess cake before
Princess cake after


Year 5 Kind of 70s rainbow
Six! Purry, possibly my all-time favorite. Based on a favorite toy: Purry
  



Year 7, homemade and K decorated.
Year 8, the cookie party
And for the 9th birthday from Mr and Mrs Miscellaneous
Candied violet ice cream cake!

1 comment:

  1. Lucky little princess she has had some great looking cakes, I think the kitten cake is my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete