Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Tuesdays with Dorie with K: Lemon Madeleines

Here we are again with Tuesday's with Dorie. Up this time: Lemon Madeleines. 

As you can see from the picture above, we had to acquire a Madeleine pan. Our neighborhood package thief was apparently less excited about the pan then we were. We came home to find the package open outside our front door, with the pan still inside. Luckily, that and the squeezing of the lemons for juice were the hardest part of this project. In other words: another easy and excellent recipe.

Although I meant to simply follow the recipe, K made the batter while I was out and used the Meyer rather than standard lemons. Close!  I came home to chilled batter that we then spooned into the molds. After baking we dipped each cookie into the glaze, which was K's favorite part.



The verdict: K: "These were really good and I hope we can make them again. The glaze made them even better." I say: Indeed, we will be making these again. They were simple, tasty and pretty. Plus, not that we have the pan, it would be silly not to experiment with other flavors. 

Next up: Crispy-Topped Brown Sugar Bars on pg. 324

7 comments:

  1. That's awful that someone would steal a box or even open the box after it's been delivered! I'm glad for you that they don't like to bake!
    Your Madeleines look wonderful.
    ~cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. What perfect little bumps! Glad you were able to make and enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That thief didn't know what they were giving up (although, I am glad to hear they left it intact).
    They look good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You totally got the bosse down pat! And I can't believe that someone opened your package. Am shaking my head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect looking madeleines! I have been hearing so many stories of late about packages being taken from porches. It just floors me. I now have my packages delivered to my work address.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet the meyer lemon was nice here. And you got such nice bumps-- K did a great job! (That is so annoying that you have a package thief...I've had this happen to me, too).

    ReplyDelete
  7. So scary that someone was opening packages on your doorstep. Glad it all worked out in the end and you got to enjoy your madeleines.

    ReplyDelete