Monday, May 11, 2015

Tuesdays with Dorie with K: "Nutella Buttons"





So, Tuesdays with Dorie is back with Nutella Buttons. K "Really? Do we have to use Nutella? I hate Nutella. Oh wait, it says we can use jam instead. Okay then."

The truth is, I do not really like Nutella anymore than K does, so we subbed in homemade strawberry-balsamic-black pepper jam.

The recipe actually reminds me of a more sophisticated version of one of my first childhood baking projects, that may or may not have been called surprise muffins, featuring jam in the middle of a rather plain muffin batter.
Anyway, K reports that these were easy enough, though our lack of mini-muffin tins meant that some did spread out a bit as they baked.

The verdict: "I like these. They would be fun to do with more flavors of jam." So, a hit.

Now, back to the Giro for me! 


3 comments:

  1. That jam sounds fabulous and I bet it was great in these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strawberry Balsamic Black Pepper jam sounds fabulous! And I also used to make those mini-muffins with jam in the centre as a kid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sound of that jam! Must have been delicious.

    ReplyDelete