Sunday, July 18, 2010

Stage 14 & Hey, Food!

July 18, Stage 14: Revel - Ax-3 Domaines 184.5km

So today was another up at 4:30 to watch the cycling day. Thus, it is not yet 4 p.m. and I'm preparing dinner. Or really, linner as I had breakfast far too early and missed lunch. What am I eating? Roast chicken, done simply with butter on the skin in an ode to my mother and some garlic in the pan. On the side, one of my favorite summer salads of green beans, new potatoes, and fresh corn with a mustard, champagne vinegar and olive oil vinaigrette. Recipe available if desired, but really it is easier than pie.

As for the race:
Well it was a day many thought could be decisive. Instead Schleck and Contador spent the day marking each other, essentially coming to a stop on the mountain at one point as neither wanted to lead the other. Meanwhile, their rivals escaped as much as possible with both Menchov and Sanchez gaining some time on the leaders. Stage winner was the very worth Christophe Riblon, the lone survivor of an early break. Even if you are not a fan, today's stage is worth watching for the scenery alone. I know where I want to go soon--The Pyrenees!

Yellow: Andy Schleck
Green: Petacchi
Stage winner: Christophe Riblon


To drink: Leftovers!
In this case: I'm going to revisit the Savoie wines to see how they held up and also the remnants of last night's Chateau La Roque 2001 "Cupa Numismae" Coteaux du Languedoc Pic Saint Loup

No comments:

Post a Comment