Friday, July 9, 2010

Stage 6--Chablis

And then came Stage 6: Montargis — Gueugnon The longest stage of the Tour. Mostly flat with occasional climby bits. In the words of David McDuff: The longest day of this year's Tour passes midway between the Pouilly-sur-Loire/Sancerre and the Yonne Department (Chablis, etc.)
Still here at the beach house, still waking up a bit after 5 to watch the live broadcast in hd, set on mute. Would be a bit happier to have closed captioning but all efforts have failed. At least I have Podiumcafe and Cyclingnews updates to keep me going.

Stage winner: (again and I am happy about it) Mark Cavendish
Yellow: Fabian Cancellara
Green Thor Hushovd (and it looks like we may have a fight after all)

To drink? Chablis. Actually had a hard time resisting taking a glass down to the beach with me. If I had brought along additional reserves, I may have.
Jean-Marc Brocard 08 Chablis. Refreshing, crisp, yet with enough weight behind it to almost stand up to the roast chicken.
Their website tells me:
Grapes are certified organically grown. We use medicinal plants against insects ans diseases.
It results a wine based on the elegance.
Wine-making : Pneumatic pressing. Alcoholic fermentation with temperature control and indigenous yeasts. Ageing on lees in stainless steel vat. Malolactic fermentation completed.


No comments:

Post a Comment